Honey and
Ricotta
food, life, ramblings

Wednesday 24 September 2014

Feta & Avocado Dip



Some nights, cooking really isn't what I want to do. After those long, exhausting days of running around town, of things goings wrong, of disasters being resolved, of not enough caffeine and too much eating on the go, all I want to do when I get home is crash with my feet up and pour a glass of wine. Except then my tummy starts rumbling, and I need to eat. That's when chopping up some vegetables, grabbing some fresh bread, and whizzing up a couple of things from the fridge becomes a dinner go-to. Last week's dip went down a treat. If you feel like you're having one of those evenings, then simply whizz up a large chunk of feta, half an avocado, juice of half a lemon, a glug of olive oil, lots of fresh thyme, chilli flakes, salt and pepper until smooth. Make it look pretty in a bowl for your own satisfaction and ta-dah. Long day made much more better by a zingy, fresh supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_09.jpg  photo s_10.jpg