Honey and
Ricotta
food, life, ramblings

Saturday 13 September 2014

Brunch at Ozone


Two girlfriends offered to head East to meet me for brunch on a Saturday morning. An offer from West Londoners to head East doesn't happen often, so I had to show them the best we have to offer over on this side of town. So Ozone it was.

Ozone is one of the most beautifully designed coffee shops. Being run by New Zealenders means it most definitely has a Kiwi feel. A huge, open space, exposed pipework, the most powerful coffee smell from the beans being roasted downstairs, enormous windows flooding the space with natural light. I could easily while away many hours sitting in a window seat with many cups of coffee.

On Saturday, however, we tucked ourselves away in a booth. A little bit of privacy and a lot of view into the kitchen. (We like views into the kitchen). With coffee in arm's reach, we only needed a quick glance at the menu to decide what to eat. 


Fruit bread with poached plums, ricotta and hazelnuts for me and S. We only needed to read the word ricotta to be sold on that one.


Eggs benedict with house cured salmon on sweet potato bubble 'n squeak cakes with bearnaise for H. Two beautifully pert towers of scrumptiousness.

A favourite place for a much needed catch-up on all things summer travels, work, friends and family related. I'm hoping this was enough to make them come back East some time soon...

Highlight: The coffee perfume
Lowlight: I want more fruit bread. But that's because I'm greedy.


Ozone, 11 Leonard Street, London, EC2A 4AQ

1 comment:

  1. Another place I've not been that I really should visit... It sounds absolutely fantastic :-)

    Thanks,
    Brian.

    ReplyDelete

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_09.jpg  photo s_10.jpg