Honey and
Ricotta
food, life, ramblings

Saturday 27 September 2014

Cider with Rosie: PB&J Sandwich Cookies


When the wonderful Cider With Rosie posted these peanut butter & jam sandwich cookies, it was only a matter of time before I found myself eating my body weight in them. Pre-bake off watching on Wednesday seemed a suitable time. 


Bake two peanut butter rich, super squidgey, chewy cookies, and glue them together with a big splodge of peanut butter frosting & a dollop of not too sweet jam. Peanut butter frosting is possibly the best thing ever. I keep sneaking teaspoons-full of it from the fridge when B isn't looking. I may have to make up another batch of frosting just for sneaking. Or maybe for smothering on toast. Or spooning on to porridge. That would all be yum. We were lucky enough to have a large jar of B's papa's new season blackberry jam which just added to the absolute bombshell of amazingness that these cookies are.


I don't need to tell you how much I smiled eating these. The naughtiest but bestest cookies I've made in a while, and they've all disappeared far too quickly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_09.jpg  photo s_10.jpg