Honey and
Ricotta
food, life, ramblings

Tuesday 10 June 2014

Smitten Kitchen: Double Chocolate Banana Bread

I have a funny relationship with bananas. I hate the smell, I hate the mushiness when they're the slightest bit ripe, I hate the stringy bits and I hate the bruises. I have done since I was little. I don't think I'll ever get over it. To be eaten on their own they have to be basically green. But I do love them in cakes, in smoothies, in muffins. Even though this involves the revolting process of mushing them so they are in their worst possible state before being combined with something else to make them okay (in my eyes) again.


So it would seem strange, I suppose, that banana bread is one of my favourite things. When Deb of Smitten Kitchen fame posted a double chocolate banana bread I struggled past the photos of overripe bananas and forced myself to stop imagining the pungent smell spreading through her little kitchen, to the recipe. It immediately jumped on to my to-do list . It only took me two months to get round to making it. That's generally the state of affairs with me and my to-do list. Now you know far too much about my relationships with bananas and to-do lists all from one post. I apologise.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, even if you're a mushy banana-phobe like me, get over it for a few minutes to make this cake. You'll be proud of yourself for conquering your fears and have a heavenly rich, dark, naughty loaf as a reward.


The recipe can be found here. Go get yourself some bananas girl, you know you want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_09.jpg  photo s_10.jpg