Honey and
Ricotta
food, life, ramblings

Monday 23 June 2014

Rhubarb Crumble


I haven't shared enough crumble recipes on this little blog yet. I mean, there's been one, but that by no means represents the amount of crumble I have eaten in the last few months. My last meal wish would be for crumble. When I'm sad I eat crumble. When I have something to celebrate I eat crumble. When I'm feeling short of baking inspiration or energy I make crumble. So, as you might have gathered, crumble features a lot in my life. 

Pre the most horrible, hot, difficult, long half-marathon race on Sunday, I ate crumble. To carb-load and to calm the pre-race nerves. Crumble is a versatile food. 


This was a simple rhubarb one with Lily Vanilli's ever trustworthy oat-y topping. That dark brown sugar makes all the difference; it makes it the crumble for all occasions.

To recreate in your kitchen, cook your choice of seasonal fruit in your favourite way. Follow the crumble section of this recipe. Bake for 20-30 mins. Serve with ice-cream, custard, cream or greek yoghurt. Or all of the above.

2 comments:

  1. Can't go wrong with a crumble, especially not rhubarb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that might become my life motto! x

      Delete

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_09.jpg  photo s_10.jpg