Honey and
Ricotta
food, life, ramblings

Wednesday 13 August 2014

Miso Brownies


Since this article about miso in desserts appeared in the Wall Street Journal in May, miso has popped up all over the blogosphere in cakes, ice-cream, cheesecakes, cookies... All this suits me perfectly as my job is miso-centric. And yet, given that my job is miso-centric, it took me far too long to doing any baking with miso in. A miso ice-cream experiment was so delicious that I now appear to be on a bit of a roll.


This miso brownie recipe was taken directly from the original article on the Wall Street Journal. Miso adds the saltiness adored by everyone in the salted-caramel craze, but also brings a super squidgy, luxurious texture, with a smooth butteriness thrown in too, just for good measure. Miso is pretty magic. 


I'm not going to lie: these brownies aren't as good as these ones I made a few weeks ago. They're different. Interesting. But in a good way. They may be better described as a take on a chocolate fudge cake, rather than a chocolate brownie. Hopefully that will help you manage your expectations! Salty, sweet, rich, and bouncy. Perfect with a drizzle of salted caramel, to add to that lusted after salty miso-ness even more.


The recipe can be found here - let me know if you try any of the others! I'd love to hear how you get on baking with miso!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_09.jpg  photo s_10.jpg