Honey and
Ricotta
food, life, ramblings

Thursday 24 October 2013

Bake Off Watching Nourishment

I seem to be unable to watch the Great British Bake Off without having just put a cake in the oven, knowing it will be out in time for the revelation of who has won and lost. Maybe it's just because I'm greedy and can't look at that much cake without my tummy sounding like a jacuzzi, causing me to search desperately around the kitchen for any form of sweetness. But maybe it's an inferiority complex: watching the skills and knowledge of these bakers, I need to prove myself to, well, myself, and so make a cake with the perfect crumb and flavour, which I can hope would please Mary Berry.

This week, as we nestled down to watch the final, we had a banana and ginger cake, from Leith's Baking Bible. It felt dark and wholesome and simultaneously rather fluffy and cloud-like.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_09.jpg  photo s_10.jpg