Honey and
Ricotta
food, life, ramblings

Tuesday 1 December 2015

Fine & Raw Chocolate Factory


After lunching at Roberta's pizza I'd already been convinced that Bushwick was my new favourite New York 'hood. After devouring so many irresistible slices of pizza pie we walked round the corner to Fine & Raw's chocolate factory: if lunch hadn't been enough, this store ensured that Bushwick really had won me over.


All the chocolate made in this Bushwick factory is deemed 'raw' as the whole bean to bar process is completed under a set temperature. This, according to Daniel Sklaar, the owner and chief chocolatier, maintains the chocolate's essential, natural flavours which can be lost when over-heated and over-processed.


Fine & Raw's chocolates range from a silky smooth truffle chunky, to an exotic smoked sea salt bar, to delicate and beautiful handmade truffles: everyone will find their new favourite square of chocolate in this store. And the packaging will make sure you can't leave without at least a couple of different variations stowed away in your bag.


Next time I'll be going when I'm less full of pizza so I can make the most of their amazing smelling hot chocolate. And I'll be definitely be unable to leave the shop again without a pot of that chocolate dulce de leche - my Sunday morning waffles are feeling a little lonely without it.


Fine & Raw Chocolate, 288 Seigel Street, Brooklyn, NY 11206

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_09.jpg  photo s_10.jpg