Honey and
Ricotta
food, life, ramblings

Monday 20 October 2014

Nigel Slater: English Apple Cake


This weekend was spent at home, sitting nibbling on a piece of Nigel Slater's English apple cake in maman's vegetable patch (the apples grown just the other side of the stone wall), sipping a cup of tea, catching the last moments of sunshine at the end of an idyllic autumn Saturday. 


When it came to returning to London on Sunday, discussing weekends past and present hiding out in the country - or more specifically in the veg patch - I realised that we were here this exact weekend the year before, which was the time I started this blog.


And so apple cake and ginger tea was eaten on some beautiful new furniture, in the dappled autumn light, thinking about all the cakes baked in the past year, and all the fruits and vegetables grown in this little space of abundant land. I'm so grateful for all you readers, unknown or known to me, silent or chatty, for spending some of your life in this little space: it warms my heart to share everything I place on here with you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_09.jpg  photo s_10.jpg