Honey and
Ricotta
food, life, ramblings

Wednesday 27 May 2015

Molly Yeh: Peanut Butter Snack Cake


I seem to be going through a peanut butter phase. Every time I see a recipe, savoury or sweet, that has peanut butter on its ingredients list, it gets bookmarked to be made sometime that week. We currently have three jars of the stuff on the go at home, and this is the second time in a week that I'm sitting at my little space of internet talking about my new best friends, cake and peanut butter.

So, apologies to any of you who hate the stuff (please can we still be friends?), or any of you with nut allergies (have you tried using WowButter instead? I've heard it's kind of magic), but I know that the rest of you are going to fall head over heels in love with this one.

Molly Yeh's peanut butter snack cake is as light as a marshmallow, as salty as you want your cake to be, and so simple to put together that even I managed to get it in the oven at the end of a bank holiday weekend spent working, working, working, on my feet all day. It's a cake that arrives like a knight in shining armour when us peanut butter obsessed need it most. You need a tin, a cup, 2 bowls, and a whisk. Eat it straight out the oven with a coffee on the side, or keep a slice (or 2) in your bag to be enjoyed at some point later in the day. Eaten at 7am on a plane to Lanzarote last month, this travel-loving cake was a saviour for 4 tired, hungry people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_09.jpg  photo s_10.jpg