Honey and
Ricotta
food, life, ramblings

Thursday 14 May 2015

Date Night In: Somewhere in Italy


It's only over the last year that B and I have started having date nights. And by that, I mean date nights in. Date nights where B stops working on his degree, I rush home from work, and we cook together, with a drink in one hand and a wooden spoon in the other. These evenings have become a week night ritual, a ritual which we love, and which we have promised to continue, whatever the circumstances.

When Ashley Rodriguez published her book 'Date Night In' on Valentine's day this year, I must have been one of the first to turn through its pages, bookmarking every menu she has created, and finding myself becoming uber-sentimental as I read her calming words.

I have a feeling that this book, with its seasonal menus, will take us through the year for many years, on a journey of date nights, as we follow Ashley's recipes and eat every morsel this book has to offer.

One of our favourite creations from Date Night In, came from the 'Somewhere in Italy' menu, which reads as follows: Aperol Spritz; Crostini with Ricotta, Prosciutto and Peas; Pasta e Fagioli with Crispy Prosciutto; Grapefruit and Olive Oil Cake with Bittersweet Chocolate. The crostini (well, and also the spritz) has become a favourite, which I know will be made again and again and again, on date nights, and non-date nights, for many nights to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_09.jpg  photo s_10.jpg